44th Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT....

3 posters

Go down

Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT.... Empty Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT....

Post by index6237 Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello-

Question for the group. I saw the weekend upgrade event starting the other day, so I ran and got most of my stuff up to level 14, and said to myself the next mission I did was going to be extra fun now....

So I go to sector, answer a Borg STF alert. GET MY A$$ kicked. I've only done about 3 MILLION of these before, but now there are constantly regenerating spheres and probes everywhere. I FAILED the mission for the first time in years!!!

Doing other missions, I don't see an increase in damage, completion time. It's the reverse!

I'm wondering if PWE decided to do this event to collect everyone's money, then jack up the difficulty....

Has anyone else noticed a change like this, or am I just paranoid?

index6237

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT.... Empty Re: Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT....

Post by CodeWarrior316 Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:07 pm

is your difficulty level set higher? it will affect things in sector/non-que missions

CodeWarrior316

Back to top Go down

Post by index6237 Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:40 am

I didn't change it, but I'll have to look and see if it changed itself with the refresh maybe...

index6237

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:04 am

The Borg alerts in Alpha Quadrant are a bit tougher; you see more Tac cubes etc. Also it depends of the (pug) team you're with; if you're solo-ing an "Alpha" advanced Borg alert because your pugs are playing Space Barbie, getting mobbed by tac cubes and (more, tougher) spheres will ruin the paint job on your ship.

Another option is that it was a bugged run. They're rare, but weird glitches still happen with Borg alerts from time to time (I had two end-bosses spawn on occasion).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sto44thfleet.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by index6237 Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 am

really? I'll just have to try another alert and see. It was strange, almost like there was something wrong. It was me and one other ship. Everything went OK, but when the end-boss ship spawned, it had 6-10 EACH of probes, regen spheres, reg spheres, tractor spheres, etc. And they kept re-spawning! At one point (actually at several points) I blew up and was re-spawned a few km away. When I came about, there were so many of these guys attacking the other ally ship, it was like a 4 inch circle on my screen of text moving around from all the target labels!

I gave it my best, but resistance was absolutely futile! lol.

index6237

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:38 am

Yeah, that sounds like the 'double spawn' bug/glitch; in my case it was end-boss(es), you ended up with the spheres. Guess you got the tougher deal !

It's a bit dark but this is what I faced -
Maybe I'm the crazy one, BUT.... Screen10

Made for an interesting run, but unfortunately no double rewards !
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://sto44thfleet.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum